So today my eldest son and I decided to do something fun together for the 1st day of Chanukah. It was a very quick and easy project but also so much fun. We made the yummiest biscuits in the shape of candles. And they came out so well.
Take a look:
150g butter (cut into small pieces)
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Sift flour, add the butter and rub in with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla essence.
- Mix together to form a firm dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- Using a cookie cutter of your choice cut out biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are a light golden colour.
- Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.