Friday, October 5, 2012

Egg Free Friday: Pancake Recipe

So you've heard of Meatless Monday, well now I'm bringing you egg free Friday!!! Why???
Well I have been a vegetarian since I was 12 years old and I don't eat meat, chicken, fish or eggs, Although I do eat things made with eggs but only because I was told I need to get more protein from somewhere, but to be honest I really, really prefer to cook and bake without eggs. I even started working on a collection of egg free recipes. Then a couple of months ago I brought out my recipes again because a friend of mine (who cannot eat eggs) came to stay with me.

So now I am back to using my egg free recipes and I am loving it!!!!!

The first recipe I am going to share in this series is my egg free pancake recipe.

EGG FREE PANCAKES: 

Ingredients: 
 
1 cup white flour
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons margarine
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Directions:

1. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into medium mixing bowl.

2. Melt 2 1/2 Tbsp margarine in frying pan until melted.

3. Be sure to tip the pan side to side to coat all over.
 
4. Pour melted margarine in a small bowl, add water. Mix well.

5. Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients until it is thoroughly moistened.

6. Add vanilla essence and cinnamon.

7. Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat on the stove-top.
 
8. Cook pancakes until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms browned.

9. Turn the pancakes over to cook other side (approximately four minutes per side). 
 
Serve with your favourite pancake toppings.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment