Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yummiest Brownies Ever!!!!

As you all know I love to craft, just give me some gorgeous paper, a pair of scissors and glue and I am very happy. What I also love to do though is bake (and cook). I am always in search of the perfect recipe. And believe me when I tell you I have finally found the best ever recipe for brownies. These brownies are such a hit with the family (and friends) that even my oldest son (who really is a fussy eater) will come back for a 2nd, 3rd and even 4th piece. And believe me his younger brother isn't very far behind him also waiting for more.

Before I give you the recipe I must tell you that the original recipe was for half the amount but with my family I just had to double it. So here it is:

Ingredients: 

 For Brownies

  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
 For Frosting:
  • 6 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • 2 cups icing sugar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt 1 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 cups sugar, eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla essence. Beat in 2/3 cup cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
  4. To Make Frosting: Combine 6 tablespoons butter, 6 tablespoons cocoa, 2 tablespoons honey, 2  teaspoons vanilla essence, and 2 cups icing  sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.       
(These brownies could either be parave or milchik. If you want them to be parave just make sure to use parave margarine and parave cocoa powder).

This recipe is really a simple one and the results are magnificent. So I only have one more think to say today: Bake them, Eat them, Love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment